This hands-on workshop will introduce you to digital mapping and spatial analysis using Esri’s ArcGIS software. No prior experience is necessary. This workshop is geared toward the true beginner. Participants will learn:
- Fundamental geographic principles
- ArcGIS software navigation
- Basic spatial data visualization and manipulation
- How to create a map
- GIS resources at Texas A&M University
- Registration is required.
- Registered attendees who are late forfeit their seats after 10 minutes.
To prepare for the workshop:
- You are not required to download the Workshop Materials (below) before the workshop. However, if you would like a paper copy of the tutorial to work with during the workshop, please print it ahead of time. (In order to have the most recent version of the tutorial, please wait until the day of the workshop to print it out.)
- In order to provide the best experience possible, please let us know if you need accommodations (wheelchair access, visual impairments,etc.).