FUNDING / GRANTS
- Pivot - Includes COS Funding opportunities and potential expertise or co-investigators/co-authors at TAMU or in other institutions. Sample searches: Funding: student leaders / Profile: peer relations / Paper Invited: student services
AUTHORSHIP AND PUBLISHING
- The services provided by the Office of Scholarly Communication: Copyright & fair use - knowing the your protections, limits, boundaries is important (types of rights/ duration/ limitations & exceptions/ using copyrighted works / teaching with copyrighted works / your copyright). Making your scholarly identity and impact visible (Create your ORCID / your Scholars@tamu profile), Scholar@tamu.edu - A profile system that hosts searchable expertise for faculty and TAMU organizations by gathering data from institution-level/enterprise systems, publicly available research data (e.g., grants and publications), and other authoritative sources. The data is compiled into a profile that you can edit to best represent your scholarship and expertise.
- OAKTrust (TAMU repository digital service that collects and distributes the scholarly output of the University).
- OAKFund (TAMU underwrites charge for open access publications.)
- Creating you Google Scholar Citation Profile - The profile allows you to track citations to your publications, h-index, co-authors and other information. Log on to scholar.google.com, click the “My Citations” link at the top, set up your account, add publications and then make your profile public.
- ResearchGate - A social networking site for scientists and researchers to share papers, ask and answer questions, and find collaborators.
FINDING TOPICS/ SUBJECT TERMS/ BACKGROUND INFO/ MAIN AUTHORS / PUBLICATION TRENDS
KEY DATABASES - FINDING JOURNAL ARTICLES
- libcat.tamu.edu - Under "Search" enter any keywords. To find eBooks, select "Online" under "Limit Your Search."
SELECTED eBOOKS ON ACADEMIC WRITING
JOURNAL ACCEPTANCE RATES, TIME TO REVIEW, RANKING & IMPACT FACTORS
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities - E.g.. Sociological Methods & Research: Acceptance rate 33%, Double Blind: Yes , Time to Review:2-6 month, Comments: Yes, Length 16-30 pages...
- Scopus - Finding authors and more. See an example to find out which journals have published similar topics. A search with TITLE-ABS-KEY ( social AND psychology AND immigrant ) shows that Journal Of Immigrant And Minority Health (86), Cultural Diversity And Ethnic Minority Psychology (49), etc.. If you click on the Journal Of Immigrant And Minority Health, you will find Its CiteScore 2017 is 1.36, SJR 0.735, and SNIP 0.819
- You could also use Web of Science to find similar data on a journal.