Evidence-Based Veterinary Medicine (EBVM) combines clinical expertise, the most relevant and best available scientific evidence, patient circumstances, and owners' values.
Resources on this page discuss:
- Asking a well-formed clinical question
- Includes Patient, Population, Problem; Intervention; Comparison Intervention; Outcome; Question Type; Publication Type; plus species, breed, sex, etc. (PICO or PICOTT+)
- Acquiring the best available scientific research
- Appraising the sources' quality, validity, and applicability
- Applying answers to specific cases
- Assessing if evidence improved patient care
Also, these resources support AVMA competency 9 ("Searches effectively for evidence applicable to clinical and diagnostic cases") skills.