**Note: This resource is limited to 4 simultaneous users.**
Global Health (1910-present) provides an alternative, complementary point of reference with a broad analysis of foreign language journals, books, research reports, patents and standards, dissertations, conference proceedings, annual reports, public health, developing country information, and other difficult to obtain material.
The Global Health database covers the following aspects of human health and disease:
* communicable diseases (including HIV/AIDS)
* tropical diseases, i.e, diseases in the tropics (including field and experimental studies)
* parasitic diseases and parasitology - medical entomology
* human nutrition (including food composition, food poisoning, effects of diet on health, nutritional disorders, and experimental aspects)
* community and public health (including chronic diseases, occupational health, health status indicators, the impact of agriculture on health, and cancer epidemiology)
* medicinal and poisonous plants (including pharmacology, tissue culture, animal studies, plant composition, allergens, and toxins)
The records may also appear in some 44 printed abstract journals published by CABI. Over 16,000 serial sources from more than 130 countries are scanned regularly for inclusion in the Global Health database, to produce approximately 25,000 new entries per year. Nearly all records have informative English abstracts prepared by scientists and linguists.
Alternate titles: CAGH
Published by: Ovid Technologies, Inc.