Skip to Main Content
How to get a DOI
- Select a Registration Agency to have a DOI assigned.
- The cost of registering new DOI names depends on the services you would like to purchase.
- CrossRef has information on publisher fees.
How to get an ISSN
- U.S. publishers should complete an application form and send it to the U.S. ISSN Center together with a representation of the serial (either a sample issue, or a photocopy of the cover, title page (if present), masthead, publisher information, and any other pages giving information about the serial).
- There is no charge for the assignment of the ISSN, or for the use of an ISSN once assigned.
- The Library of Congress incurs substantial costs to staff and maintain the U.S. ISSN Center. Additionally, the Library of Congress is assessed a considerable fee to belong to the ISSN Network.).
- Library of Congress FAQ.