I. Education Journals Acceptance / Rejection Rates
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities contains acceptance rates, review process, and more in Accounting, Economics & Finance, Management, Marketing, Education, Library Science, and Psychology.
- A Compendium of Journals Published by the Family and Consumer Sciences Research Institute at Iowa State University
- American Psychology Association Journal Acceptance Rates
- Journal Finder (Elsevier) Results show - match, impact, editorial times, acceptance rate, embargo period and more
II. Journal Citation Reports / Citation Analysis
- Journal Citation Reports, Social Sciences 2001- shows journals cited and their impact factors
- Scopus covers journals in science, social sciences, humanities and medical fields
- Scimago Journal and Country Rank includes journals and country scientific indicators from Scopus. These indicators can be used to assess and analyze scientific domains. Data back to 1996 (Scopus).
- Eigenfactor shows ratings of the total importance of a scientific journal
EF -- Eigenfactor score measures the importance of a journal to the scientific community, by considering the origin of the incoming citations, and is thought to reflect how frequently an average researcher would access content from that journal
AI -- Article Influence score measures the average influence of articles in the journal, and is therefore comparable to the ISI impact factor. <<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eigenfactor>>
III. Impact Factor (journal impact) / SJR (journal impact) / H-Index (scholar productivity)
- To determine the citation impact factor of a journal
Web of Science > Additional Resources > JOURNAL CITATION REPORTS >
- To determine the SJR of a journal:
- To determine H index:
- Web of Science > enter name in AUTHOR field > CREATE CITATION REPORT >
- Scopus > AUTHOR SEARCH > enter NAME, AFFILIATION >VIEW CITATION OVERVIEW > H Index or the H Graph in the Overview.
IV. Works or Authors Cited
V. Some Scenarios of Journal/Author/Institution Output Analysis
- Journal Rankings (by year)
Scimago Journal and Country Rank > Click on JOURNAL RANKING > the select subject area, category...
- Journal Rankings by H-Index (by year)
- A Given Subject (for example - Cancer)
Web of Science > Additional Resources >Essential Science Indicators> Research Fronts
- "Highly Cited Papers (last 10 years (Essential Science Indicators)
Web of Science > Additional Resources >Essential Science Indicators> Highly Cited Papers (last 10 years)>By Field > Social Science, General > Go (Note: you could also search by name or by institution )
- "Hot Papers - Last 2 Years (Essential Science Indicators, Web of Science)
- Hot Subject Areas by Country
Scimago Journal and Country Rank >Map Generator > Country > Subject.
- Research Output of an Institution
Scopus > AFFILIATION SEARCH > institution name (to find publications, authors, patents, subject areas...)
- Comparing Journals
Scopus > COMPARE JOURNALS.
- Average Citation Rates (Comparing Fields)
Web of Science > Additional Resources >Essential Science Indicators> "Baselines" >citation rates table.
- Average Cites per Document
Scimago Journal and Country Rank E.g. - in the field of education ranked by countries
- A Given Journal
Web of Science > Additional Resources >Essential Science Indicators> "Journals" > By Name
- Field Ranking (Comparing Fields)
Web of Science > Additional Resources >Essential Science Indicators> "Baselines" >field ranking table
- Field Rankings for Texas A&M
Web of Science > Additional Resources >Essential Science Indicators> "Institutions" > texas a&m univ
- Countries / Territories
Web of Science > Additional Resources >Essential Science Indicators> "Countries/Territories"
- Scimago Journal and Country Rank
- International Collaboration
To find out the percentage of documents by authors coming from more than one country. Scimago Journal and Country Rank > Compare > Select 2 or more regions, run report and then open International Collaboration
VI. Journal Self Cites
- Journal Self Cites
Web of Science > Additional Resources >Essential Science Indicators> Submit> a full journal title > Cited Journal Data > Journal Self Cites
VII. Online Availability (journals in specific databases) / Peer-reviewed Journals
VIII. Publisher's Copyright Policies & Self-archiving
- Sherpa RoMEO - publishers' general policies on self-archiving of journal articles. Each entry provides a summary of the publisher's policy, including what version of an article can be deposited, where it can be deposited, and any conditions that are attached to that deposit.
IX. Topic Trends, Frequent Keywords, Frequent Journals, Frequent Authors
- Any Proquest database> search a topic > see PUBLICATION DATE bar graphs. (Each bar shows the number of articles published within that decade. The change of the graphs reveals the trends of a given topic.)
- Annual Reviews A multidisciplinary database. You can re-rank search results by Most Cited or Most downloaded. The database also has a way to show Frequent Authors, Frequent Journals and Frequent Keywords.